Sunday 3 October 2010

I Was Totally Humbled By This Positive Attitude – You Will be Too!

Last Night I was Shocked and Humbled with this Lesson in Positive Attitudes

 

Very unusual for me to watch TV but last night I saw a documentary called, “Stephen Hawking’s Universe.”

 

Interesting as the program was; the story of The Cosmos from Big Bang to The End Of Time; what struck me most was the Positive Attitude of Professor Hawking. 

 

Here is a man, totally paralysed and  confined to a wheelchair and he considers himself lucky! This is what he said in the program last night,

 

“I think of myself as fortunate because, although I cannot move and I have to speak through a computer, in my mind I am free.  Free to contemplate the universe. I never get bored because, after all it is a pretty remarkable place.”

 

He also demonstrated his sense of humour by saying,

 

“The Cosmos has taken the first step towards the beautiful place it is today, thanks to irregularity, imperfection and lack of order.  

So next time someone complains that you have made a mistake, tell them that may be a good thing because without imperfection, neither you nor I would exist!”

 

He went on to say,

 

“Life is one of the greatest phenomenon that in my opinion shows that the universe is capable of almost anything.”

 

 

For those of you who don’t know anything about Professor Hawking, here is a video of him expanding on some of his theories;

 


Enjoy!


As always, please leave your comments on the blog; How 2 Help Yourself


I do read every comment even if I don't let all of them be published

No comments:

Post a Comment